Download Upgrade Booklet
We have invested in a best-in-class operating system to better serve your banking and investment needs. As shared in previous messages, we are excited about these enhancements and remain committed to providing the most updated and timely communication to ensure a seamless transition.
After upgrade weekend:
- Your account number will remain the same.
- Your debit card number will remain the same. Recurring payments scheduled on your card will process as normal.
- Your current checks will remain valid. No need to order new checks.
- *Your Online & Mobile Banking User ID will remain the same. You will be prompted to change your password.
- *Our new Consumer & Business Mobile Apps will be available for download on Monday, September 18, 2023.
- ***The current "Make a Loan Payment" option on the CNB Bank website will be replaced with enhanced tools available within the new Online Banking platform. All recurring payment on the portal will stop effective Friday, September 15th. You will be eligible to enroll in the new CNB Online Banking platform to view accounts and make loan payments.
- Our new and enhanced Online Bill Pay function will be available on Monday, September 18th.
- eStatements may take up to eight weeks to load onto your new online banking. We recommend all current eStatement customers save and/or print the past 12-18 months of statements.
*Personal Online & Mobile Banking Users:
- Your initial log-in to our new online banking platform should be done from your desktop or by logging into your account at www.cnb.bank.
- Your User ID will remain the same.
- Your temporary password will be your ZIP code followed by the last four digits of your social security number. You will be prompted to change your password.
- Advanced security protections will prompt you to go through an authentication process upon your initial sign-in.
Once you have completed these steps, you may download our new mobile app, CNB Bank Now, and log in to mobile banking. You will have access to mobile banking directly following your password reset and authentication process.
Online banking alerts will need to be created in our new platform. Existing alerts, such as low balance or paid checks, will not carry over.
*Business Online & Mobile Banking Users:
Please contact your banker for your unique log-in credentials including Company ID, User ID, and Temporary Password. Once you have completed the initial log-in steps in online banking, you can then download our new business mobile banking app, CNB Biz Now.
**Bill Pay Users:
For scheduled payments between Monday, September 11, 2023, and Monday, September 18, 2023, please make adjustments to the Bill Pay system to avoid a payment disruption, choosing a date prior to September 11 or after September 18.
Remember, the recipient of your payment determines if it is a direct check or an electronic payment:
- Direct Check to the payee- these payments will be deducted from your account at the time the item is presented for payment.
- Electronic Payment- these payments will be deducted from your account on the scheduled date, two days prior to the delivery date.
We encourage you to download a copy of your payees, payment history, and all of your current and future scheduled payments for your records.
***Current Loan Payment Portal Users:
The current 'Make a Loan Payment' option on the CNB Bank website (Online Payment Portal) will be replaced with enhanced tools available within the new Online Banking platform. All recurring payments on the Online Payment Portal will stop effective Friday, September 15, 2023. If you do not currently use our Online Banking platform, you will be able to self-enroll on our website at www.cnb.bank.
ATTENTION QUICKBOOKS, QUICKEN, AND MINT USERS – Please click here for important details on actions you must take to ensure a smooth transition
You may experience small changes in your personal and/or business checking and savings accounts. Download our Upgrade Booklet for more details on how our exciting upgrades will affect you.
Contact us at 304-258-1520 / 888-258-1520 or stop into any of our branches. We're right here!